Pythagoras 3D Interactive Geometry
by Vafiadis Georgios, Aggelopoulos Christos,
Pythagoras in SourceForge
This is the official web site of the "Pythagoras" Project.
The site and the program is under heavy construction!
The GUI is almost finished, you can see a
screenshot. By now is working on Windows
XP, Windows 2000, and SuSE Linux. The code will be released soon.
'Pythagoras' is a dynamic Geometry Software, providing construction,
evaluation, manipulation and visualization of geometric objects
in 2D and 3D eucledian space.
It is an interactive geometry program which allows you to construct
It's possible to draw basic geometric objects such as points, lines,
loci and intersections beetween objects and many more.
It also allows you to use geometric transformations such as rotation
The project will provide the below functionality:
- Construction of geometric objects in 2D and 3D space with a
(points, lines, triangles, polygons, circles, and other basic
- Can describe in natural language (Greek, English) a construction.
- Geometric property checking confirms hypotheses based on Euclid's
- Animation illustrates dynamic characteristics of figures.
- Configurable menus focus student activities.
- Objects used in construction can be hidden to reduce clutter.
- Paint-like color and line palettes.
- Figure annotation and measurement.
- Drawings and macros.
- Translation, dilation, and rotation of geometric objects around
geometric centers or specified points, plus reflection,
symmetry,and inverse. Cartesian and polar coordinates.
- Easily construct conics, including ellipses and hyperbolas.
- Exploration of advanced concepts in projective and hyperbolic
- Can display equations of geometric objects.
- Providing a smart agent, who is able to answer questions about
geometry in general
and particularly for the current construction.
- Ability to save the figures in multiple graphic formats.
- interactive web manipulation of the constructions.
- small script language for advance constructions.
- extensive online intelligent mathematical help based on user's